Event Start Date: 3/17/2021 7:30 AM
Event End Date: 3/17/2021 10:00 AM
Cost per place: $45.00
View More Details
IMPORTANT, READ FIRST:
Due to COVID 19 programs in the near future will be presented online. Since we cannot collect checks "at the meeting" we require you to register with a credit card until such time as we can meet in person and accept checks online. Once we have in-person meetings again we will re-enable the billing option. Please coordinate with your company to provide a credit card to register for a meeting, or contact our treasurer to arrange payment prior to the meeting. Unregistered/Unpaid users will not be given the meeting password or details: email@example.com
Event Start Date: 5/19/2021 8:00 AM
Event End Date: 5/19/2021 11:00 AM
May 19th, 2021
Paul Keneally - Underberg & Kessler LLP and Frank Kerbein - The Business Council of New York State, Inc.
The Legislative Update will provide HR professionals with insight into recent and pending human resources/labor legislation that will impact compliance issues with their workforce.
By the end of this session, participants will:
• Learn (more) about traditional and emerging employee benefit trends that build and maintain a company’s culture, which attracts and retains elite talent.
• Learn (more) about specific strategies that can be used to control your company’s healthcare spend.
• Learn (more) about employee benefit advisor movements around the country that provide a blueprint for “the plan that works”, and are moving employers from renters to owners of their health insurance plans.
• Be able to develop compliance strategies regarding new labor and employment law
• Understand the risk to their organizations for non-compliance
• Understand how the legislative process works in NYS and how they can impact that
• Be familiar with how the new federal government may affect NYS employers.
About the speakers:
Frank Kerbein is a graduate of Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations, has more than 30 years of experience in human resource administration and is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources. Frank has held senior human resource management positions in large organizations and not-for-profits, and has been a frequent presenter of human resource topics across the state and nationally. Frank is currently the Director, Center for Human Resources with The Business Council of New York State.